Knowing that I wasn't the maid of honor, I asked the bride if it was ok to say a few words at their rehearsal dinner. I felt that it was necessary that I saw something being that she is my sister. While we waited for our drinks to arrive I was busy perusing my notes. I didn't have time to memorize them, and I tend to forget things when under pressure. So once our drinks and dinner arrived I stood up and gave my toast.
"Nearly 10 years ago I was initiated into the Kimball family, and after almost 6 years they became part of my own. Another set of parents to watch over me, and finally a brother and a sister. When I first met Cailee she was a quiet and shy adolescent with an incredible head for knowledge. Over the years I have watched her grow and shine, and become the beautiful woman sitting here today. After a chance invitation Peyton had been invited over for a party, and from that point on he has been a part of our family. Over the years they have grown as individuals as well as a couple. They have had their goals, Cailee to become a veterinarian, and Peyton to be a chef. They are achieving them without sacrificing their love for one another and that is something to be admired.
They are perfect for each other in every way. Peyton is generous and kind, always willing to be there for her. Cailee is loyal, caring and always there for Peyton with open arms. After all, that is what love is about. And we are all here to celebrate that love and commitment. Cailee, you know you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face but in your heart as well. Peyton you have shown me a new side to my sister and have made her happier than I have ever seen her. I can’t wait to watch your love for one another grow. I love you both with all my heart.
“May your life be long and happy,
Your cares and sorrows few;
And the many friends around you
Prove faithful, fond and true.
May your voyage through life be as happy and as free
As the dancing waves on the deep blue sea”
Congratulations!"
![]() |
| The hubs and I at the RD |
![]() |
| The happy couple |
Once we left the rehearsal dinner we made our way back to the bar for some more drinks and then to the fire pit outside for some talking, reminiscing and just enjoying each others company. I faded fast and had to go to bed around midnight though, as I am old. (Not really but sometimes I feel like it) The day of the wedding we all awoke, enjoyed some breakfast and of course some pampering. We all had our hair and make-up professionally done, and during this time we could stand out on our balcony and overlook the guys, groom included, play basketball and have fun in the pool. It was a very contemplative time for me. This was the first wedding that I had been to since my father's passing and I was thinking about our wedding day and how much I missed him. I tried to keep it together for my sister, but sometimes my weaknesses showed through. Especially during the Father Daughter dance.
The bride was cool and calm all day, just waiting to get aboard the ship and to put her dress on. We left for the ship at 5:00, which was right up the street. We boarded and went straight to the bridal area to finish getting ready. Make-up touch ups and getting dressed. Even grandma came downstairs to get her makeup done. Finally at 6, we started getting the bride ready. We slipped her into her semi fit and flare and hooked all her buttons. She was gorgeous. We took some photos and waited for the cue to walk. Sunset we took our places and made our way up to the top deck. Once we all got up, we focused our attention to the bride, who made her entrance to "My Heart Will Go On" the instrumental version. I glanced over at the groom who had tears in his eyes. I have never seen the two of them so happy. After the ceremony it was photo time, grand entrance and dinner. During dinner, we had a guest hula performance by the grooms aunt and uncle and many many toasts. Then cake cutting and first dance went after, "Marry Me" by Train was the song of choice. Before we knew it the dancing had all come to a close and it was time to go. It was a beautiful day and wedding with lots of attention to details. I am proud to say that I was a part of it and am so proud of mine and my husband's baby sister.
Congrats to a beautiful couple! May your love last a lifetime!









looks like an amazing day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous recap. Sounds like it was a great day. Such beautiful pictures. I love how they decorated the ceremony site with the manzanita branches and orchids. So beautiful! Congrats to the newlyweds!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully said Diane! Love, Mom
ReplyDelete