| Can you see the bacon chunks in the sauce? |
So at the beginning of the week I told you I had a ton of DIY's to share, well I still do. It's just getting my lazy bum to the computer and going through the photos to find the best ones! So stay tuned for those. Also I told you that I would post a family recipe that has bacon. Well here she is. I LOVE pasta. Why? #1 because it's pasta, #2 because it's cheap, #3 because it's SUPER EASY! and #4 because it's pasta! I grew up in an Irish/Italian household so many dishes that are our family traditions usually are pasta related. We have a red sauce that was brought to America from my Sicilian great grandmother and it's so yummy, but takes ALL day to make. So when the hubbs and I are in a red sauce mood, not the jarred kind (which I always dress up anyways) this is the go to. It's really quick and usually we have all the ingredients on hand.
Quickie Spaghetti
What You'll Need:
3-4 Slices of bacon chopped
1 cup chopped onion (yellow or white)
1 15oz can of tomato sauce
1 15oz can of water
Pepper (to taste)
Pasta of choice (I either use Angel Hair or Fettuccine)
Skillet
Stock Pot (For the pasta)
Directions:
1. In a skillet over med. heat place your chopped bacon and onion. Saute until bacon is fully cooked.
2. Once cooked, add tomato sauce, water and pepper. I say to taste, but I use a LOT of pepper. Probably 1/8 to 1/4 of a teaspoon. It just adds flavor in my opinion. I kind of coat the middle of my pan with pepper, stir, then coat again and stir. Not really measurements, but hey sometimes you just dump and go!
3. Cook sauce on low-med heat uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until thickened. While sauce is cooking prepare pasta according to package directions.
4. Serve over pasta. I like to coat the pasta with the sauce and then add a little extra on top!
See what I mean about EASY! What are your household dinner staples for those nights when you just want to have a quick meal fast?
No comments:
Post a Comment