I went to Joann's fabrics last week, knowing it would be the perfect time to get the background fabric for a quilt that I am making. I was also going to get some chalkboard paint so I can finish my revamped mirror but I got distracted by the clearance fabric section. I found a beautiful teal and black floral that would go perfect in our bedroom. It was in the 50% clearance section, and it was an additional 50% off! SCORE! I bought the rest of the bolt, which was only a yard and a half. I decided to recover some boring beige pillows with a simple envelope pillow case.
Seriously this is really easy! You can follow my instructions or the link above!
What you will need:
- Fabric
- Pillow Form or Old throw pillow
- Measuring Tape
- Scissors
- Pins
- Sewing Machine and thread
1. The pillow that I was recovering was an 18"x18" pillow. Cut out (1) 19"x19" size for the front and (1) 19"x24" piece for the back. Cut the back piece in half so that it measures 19"x12"
2. Hem one side of the back pieces 1/4." Since my fabric was silky, I pressed it with an iron, pinned a 1/4" and then sewed down my hem.
3. Next step is lay the front piece right side up and then place the two back pieces with the right side facing down. Line the corners and the edges up, with the back pieces overlapping at the inside hem (this will create the pillow opening). Pin along the outside edges.
4. Sew around all 4 edges. I used a 1/4" seam.
5. Clip corners if necessary, turn and iron.
6. Insert your pillow into your new cover and admire your work!
Seriously this is really easy! You can follow my instructions or the link above!
What you will need:
- Fabric
- Pillow Form or Old throw pillow
- Measuring Tape
- Scissors
- Pins
- Sewing Machine and thread
1. The pillow that I was recovering was an 18"x18" pillow. Cut out (1) 19"x19" size for the front and (1) 19"x24" piece for the back. Cut the back piece in half so that it measures 19"x12"
3. Next step is lay the front piece right side up and then place the two back pieces with the right side facing down. Line the corners and the edges up, with the back pieces overlapping at the inside hem (this will create the pillow opening). Pin along the outside edges.
4. Sew around all 4 edges. I used a 1/4" seam.
5. Clip corners if necessary, turn and iron.
6. Insert your pillow into your new cover and admire your work!
| Please ignore the pile of cords! |
| Love the bold print! |
No comments:
Post a Comment