Friday, January 4, 2013

Clickety Clack, the noises in my car send chills up my back!

I have a fairly old vehicle. She turns 10 years this year and she has over 150k miles on her. She has been a wonderful car, running like a champ my little 2-door Pontiac. Last year was the first year I dealt with a major issue with her. My fuel pump died, in the middle of the fast lane on the 210 fwy. That was scary, but I made it safely to the right side emergency lane and was able to call AAA. We fixed that and she has been purring like a kitten since.

My hvac however has been an issue for some time. Yes it works, cold air when A.C. is switched on and heat when needed, but none of my settings were working. It would never blow out onto my feet, or through the defrost areas....only through my vents. I dealt with it because really it wasn't as important to fix. Well, in Nov we had a really cold weekend and this LOUD clicking noise from behind my glove box started screaming at me. It only happened one evening and then it went away. Really strange. Well jump to last weekend and the noise started again, and never stopped.


I mean LOUD. If I was on my bluetooth the person on the other line could hear it clear as my voice. It sounded like a jack-hammer was trying to escape from my glove box! If anytime was good for road rage its when that was going on in my car. The only time it went away is when you turned the settings to recycle air....which of course wouldn't stay because of the broken dial....there was no way in hell I can drive and hold the button every time. Especially when my work commute is 45 minutes each way. I took it in, and it was the blend door actuator. 1 hour to replace, including the fact that he pulled out my dash and fixed the issue with my dial! YAY! Apparently the cable had gotten bunched up back there preventing it from working properly. However, it could bunch again and need to be fixed again, but for now I have heat to my feet, which is a blessing especially when its cold out! Oh and my defroster works too so when my windows are foggy, I can see...which I guess is important too. You know, priorities!

No comments:

Post a Comment