Labor Day has come and gone and that means the beginning of Fall right? Well California's weather is protesting this with a vengeance as we are experiencing the heat that we should have had last month. It's been over a hundred every day since last week. I cannot wait to be able to cuddle up under a blanket in my sweats and have something baking in the oven! Instead I am baking inside our apartment! In order to help ease our way into fall, the hubby and I discovered a new beverage. And I am here to share!
If you don't know about Fireball, then you either A: don't drink, B: don't drink whiskey, or C: don't listen to country music. It is the new fad in drinking whiskey because it's cinnamon flavored. The hubs used to love Southern Comfort, and that's still his choice when we are out, but at home he will go for Fireball on the rocks without even flinching. I'm telling you I have had my fair share of Jack in my time, and it's completely in my past. Beer's are also relatively new for me, although I love a good Blue Moon from time to time. I don't care for whiskey or things with cinnamon flavor all that much, but this little recipe is pretty darn good. Like apple pie in a glass. All you need is: A shot of Fireball mixed with an Apple Orchard beer (my new favorite beer! It tastes like apple cider and its uh mah zing! Picture Martinelli's with a kick! Dangerous!) Pour your beer and the shot of whiskey into a frosty Pilsner glass, garnish with an apple slice and it's almost like your having a cold slice of apple pie. Thoughts are rolling around in my head about maybe topping it with whipped cream also. Like a dessert cocktail??!!? Ok lets not go crazy here! It's just a light and refreshing cocktail, and sometimes at the end of a long day, that's all you need!
Ingredients:
Fireball Red Hot Cinnamon Whiskey
Angry Orchard Hard Cider
Beer Stein of Choice
Apple Slice
If you don't know about Fireball, then you either A: don't drink, B: don't drink whiskey, or C: don't listen to country music. It is the new fad in drinking whiskey because it's cinnamon flavored. The hubs used to love Southern Comfort, and that's still his choice when we are out, but at home he will go for Fireball on the rocks without even flinching. I'm telling you I have had my fair share of Jack in my time, and it's completely in my past. Beer's are also relatively new for me, although I love a good Blue Moon from time to time. I don't care for whiskey or things with cinnamon flavor all that much, but this little recipe is pretty darn good. Like apple pie in a glass. All you need is: A shot of Fireball mixed with an Apple Orchard beer (my new favorite beer! It tastes like apple cider and its uh mah zing! Picture Martinelli's with a kick! Dangerous!) Pour your beer and the shot of whiskey into a frosty Pilsner glass, garnish with an apple slice and it's almost like your having a cold slice of apple pie. Thoughts are rolling around in my head about maybe topping it with whipped cream also. Like a dessert cocktail??!!? Ok lets not go crazy here! It's just a light and refreshing cocktail, and sometimes at the end of a long day, that's all you need!
Ingredients:
Fireball Red Hot Cinnamon Whiskey
Angry Orchard Hard Cider
Beer Stein of Choice
Apple Slice
Always remember to please drink responsibly, and only if of legal drinking age!
I love hard cider. This drink looks great. I will have to try it. I found you on Weekend blog block party
ReplyDeleteNikki
http://thefitfoot.blogspot.com