Ok so it's been mostly crafty posts around here lately. Honestly because so much has been going on at work and in my personal life that the time to write an actual blog post seemed to get put on the back burner. I have been out of the office at least 4 days out of the week for the last 3 weeks and it's not slowing down. I usually write my posts either on my lunch break or on the weekends. So here's whats gone on the last two weeks.
I finished the chalkboard and posted a couple of recipes to boot! All of which has gotten great interest on Pinterest which makes me so happy! I need to figure out some more things to keep the content of this blog and momentum going! I do have a couple of other baby crafts to post, but one needs to be finished before I post. Maybe this weekend, while doing laundry and getting ready to go to CATALINA! Whoop! We are so excited to get away for a couple of days and have an adventure.
Last week I got a hit with a double whammy. A bout of food poisoning with a UTI to boot. I was not a happy camper at all. While waiting two hours in urgent care and getting my meds, all I wanted to do is lie in bed and sleep. Instead of actually sleeping, I just watched Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and read blogs on my phone. I got to one of my favorites, Sawdust and Embryos as she was announcing the winner of the contest she was holding for a DIY headboard. I just entered cause I LOVED the fabrics, but never thought that I would win. Well wouldn't you know, I did! I had a great little email conversation with Beth and she told me that all my supplies shipped this weekend! EEK! Stay tuned for that to be featured in the future and pop over to her blog to read about her crafty life with her hubby and two adorable girls! They do awesome furniture redo's! Trust me you wont regret visiting!
We went to a comedy show last weekend, to root on a friend who's trying to get into the business and got to see Andy Dick in person! He was funny, but mostly just sang funny songs instead of doing actual stand-up, so that was a bummer. Also I met up with a dear friends sister, the future Mrs. G to discuss helping her as a day of coordinator for her wedding in August. Her details look perfect and I can't wait to help her out with the biggest day of her life! Gotta get the timeline together and make a site visit to Santa Paula to get an idea of how everything can be set up. She's got all the decor details figured out, just gotta work out some of the kinks with regards to the ceremony and set up and just be there to help with everything she needs on the big day! I'm really excited to do this for her!
You might have been aware of the game that happened this past weekend. I dunno, it's some big thing here in the states that most people get all riled up over, the Super Bowl. I am not a big fan of football, but like to make it interesting by making little wagers with D. Not only did I predict that the Raven's were gonna win, but I won our little side bet! HaHA! Too bad I didn't come up with my own wager beforehand, but it's more interesting for me to have something to look forward too. We went to a friends house to watch the game, with 3 other couples. 2 of them had the most adorable little boys, and Dylan (pictured above) loved our friends little bridge that he has in his yard. We tend to always make fun of it, but it was the perfect size for a toddler. He loved walking back and forth on that thing! He was so cute! For the most part the "Super Bowl" party turned into a sit outside and eat yummy food while playing baggo party. It was so fun and relaxing. Poor D was the only one who wanted to watch the game. We did end up watching most of the second half, as it was far more entertaining. Super Bowl at Casa P's will forever be known as Non-Super Bowl party.
Since there were babies a foot, the topic came up over the course of the day with many questions with regards to our luck. So, here's a little update on that. December marked our official go-time to try again. Unfortunately we haven't had luck yet, but are having fun with the process....because honestly it's not supposed to be a chore. We are still very positive and are waiting patiently for our time. Seriously though, there is WAY too much cute stuff out there! I am looking forward to visiting our god-daughter and niece at the end of the month to get more of a baby fix as well.
So that's what has gone on in our neck of the woods! Can't wait to share our island vacation with you all as well! Maybe I will bring up the courage to zip-line! o.O

No comments:
Post a Comment