Alrighty then. If your obsessed with Pinterest then you KNOW what I am referring to. Maxi dresses and skirts have been a major trend for the last couple of years, but even more so now that people are starting to make their own. I mean why not, they are SO EASY! I had found a wonderful tutorial, but hadn't found the time to go buy fabric, well once it was go time I discovered that the blogger had removed the tutorial because she wanted to sell them online. Fine and dandy, but when she put that she was selling the tutorial, for in my opinion a ridiculous amount, I though to myself I can figure this out on my own and make a tutorial for people. Well be that as it may, I went to work and realized that my camera was completely dead so I figured I would just make it anyways and find some help along the way.First issue....fabric. I went to Joann's only to discover that there selection was rather limited....granted it is November, but honestly its always maxi weather in California. However my wonderful friend Mrs. M pulled out the above fabric and I thought that it was completely perfect, however a little on the pricey side. So I grabbed it and then decided to peruse the red tag section just to be sure I had found the perfect option. I had. So I took my 25% off coupon and bought it.
What you'll need:
2 yards jersey fabric
scissors
thread
sewing machine
A cute helper is a bonus too! My friends son was all over the fabric! Laying on it, running on it and being a cutie! He just wanted to be involved.
So since I don't have the tutorial for you I found these really helpful links, (Watch out for the Woestmans and middleR3DD) I can tell you the measurements I made my skirt. The waistband finished measurement was 32" round and the bottom measurement was 56" round. You can half that to figure out your piece cuts, just remember to include 1/2" in your measurements for seaming. Other than that I followed the tutorials linked above pretty much as written.
Sewing note: Jersey and knits are kind of difficult to sew because the edges tend to roll. Use a lot of pins to keep this from happening! I am sure my next one will turn out better, but its so cute and best of all SO COMFORTABLE! Enjoy!
![]() |
| Don't mind my lack of makeup! |



No comments:
Post a Comment